Print this Page

History

Missouri City was originally named Atchison. The earliest known use of the name was on a deed to a building from 1820. The land was possessed by French fur traders Antoine Laffond and Bernard Laffond as early as January 24, 1807. The name had changed to Missouri City by December 5, 1857.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Permanent link to this article: http://missouricitymo.com/history/